INDIANAPOLIS — The National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) today announced the names of the individuals appointed as 2022-24 NPC Standing Committee leaders. NPC’s standing committees help carry out the operational work of the Conference, specifically related to College and Alumnae Panhellenic Associations. The NPC Board of Directors appointed the chairs of each Standing Committee to lead from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2024.
The 2022-2024 NPC Standing Committee chairs are:
- Megan Hessee, Sigma Kappa, Panhellenic Recruitment.
- Julie Lambert, Alpha Xi Delta, Panhellenic Judicial Appeals.
- Darcy Russell, Zeta Tau Alpha, Panhellenic Release Figure Methodology (RFM).
- Christa Sobon, Kappa Alpha Theta, College Panhellenics.
- Shaun Young, Delta Gamma, Panhellenic Extension.
- Sue Zarnowski, Alpha Sigma Alpha, New College Panhellenics.
- Amy Zimmer, Delta Delta Delta, Alumnae Panhellenics.
NPC’s Standing Committees work in partnership with the NPC staff to ensure both College and Alumnae Panhellenic Associations are supported in areas such as policy, recruitment and the judicial process. They also provide direct assistance, where applicable, in the creation of Panhellenic operational resources and training materials.
“The work of the NPC Standing Committees is vital to our ability to carry out NPC’s mission as the premier advocacy and support organization for the advancement of the sorority experience,” said Dani Weatherford, NPC chief executive officer. “We are grateful to each of the women who have taken on this responsibility to lead their respective committees during the next two years.”
The 2022-24 College Panhellenic area advisor coordinators, who are part of the College Panhellenics Committee and provide regional leadership for College Panhellenics, also began their term of service on July 1.
The 2022-24 NPC area advisor coordinators are:
- Alexa Arndt, Delta Delta Delta, Northeast.
- Jana Clayton, Alpha Delta Pi, Southeast.
- Leah Eickhoff, Alpha Sigma Alpha, Mid-America North.
- Alaina Julia, Delta Phi Epsilon, West.
- Stacy Kraus McDonald, Sigma Kappa, Mid-Atlantic.
- Donna Stallard, Phi Mu, Mid-America South.
The following Panhellenic women also were appointed to serve alongside RFM Leadership Team Chair Darcy Russell on the RFM Leadership Team for 2022-24:
- Deanna Detchemendy, Alpha Xi Delta.
- Jen Hohman, Sigma Kappa.
- Julie Johnson, Kappa Delta.
- Laura Malley-Schmitt, Alpha Phi.
- Susan Mote, Delta Phi Epsilon.
- Tara Reimer, Alpha Phi.
- Carol Warren, Pi Beta Phi.
- Beth Wright, Alpha Delta Pi.
NPC Chief Operating Officer Jenny Greyerbiehl, who oversees NPC’s volunteer recruitment, training and management processes, said, “We received more than 325 applications for our 2022-24 Standing Committee roles. We’re pleased with the caliber of talent we have attracted not only to lead on our Standing Committees but also to serve on them. As we begin the 2022-24 volunteer term, I look forward to working with the committee leaders and their members, each of whom shares a passion for supporting our Panhellenics and advancing the sorority experience.”
NPC is proud to have more than 250 volunteers from across each of NPC’s 26 member organizations as well as other fraternal organizations. Individuals who have been appointed to NPC’s Standing Committees will also serve for the next two years.
About the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC)
NPC, one of the largest organizations advocating for women, is the umbrella group for 26 national and international sororities. NPC sororities are located on nearly 670 campuses with more than 375,000 undergraduate members in more than 3,350 chapters. Alumnae are represented in nearly 3,500 associations throughout the world. For more information, including a complete list of NPC sororities, visit npcwomen.org.